Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ala Pasta

Okay even I dunno why I have named the dish as 'ala', prolly some dish name I read which tasted similar to what I made for meself for breakfast ^_^

So quickly moving on to the ingredients :
1 onion, medium sized, coarsely chopped
1 capsicum, medium sized, coarsely chopped
8-10 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tomato, medium sized, finely chopped
1/2 cup pasta (I used the regular macaroni)
4 teaspoons refined oil
2 teaspoons oregano powder
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon cheese (mine is the dear-ol' garlic flavored cheese spread)
Salt, to taste
Black pepper powder, to taste
Water, enough to boil the pasta

Boil the water in a pan. Add the pasta and let it cook for about 10 min. Once done quickly drain the water and add some ice cold water. Do this a couple of times and you will have properly cooked, non-sticky pasta :)
Add around 3 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Fry the onions for a minute. Add the capsicum pieces as well and fry for around 5 more minutes on medium flame. Sprinkle some salt and remove them while they are slightly charred but still crunchy enough.
For the sauce, add the remaining teaspoon of oil and fry the garlic paste. When it starts emitting the garlicky aroma add the tomato pieces and fry till properly done. Then add some salt, milk and the cheese. Cook for about 2 minutes on low flame. If you would like your sauce to be a little thick you can substitute cream in place of milk or add 1 teaspoon of butter fried cornflour to the milk. I liked my sauce runny so I left it as it is. Now add the pasta to the sauce, heat for another 2 min, add the veggies and turn of the flame. Mix well, transfer to a dish and sprinkle oregano on top. And you are ready with your home-made delicious pasta!

P.S. I took a couple of pics this time but thanks to the lappy camera they turned out to be real crappy. I know half the appeal of a good dish comes from the mouth watering pics and my posts totally fail in that area. But let me assure you that the dish deserves a must try!

No comments: