Thursday, September 2, 2010

The default tomato curry

Everyone knows that there is this default red tomato curry that you get and everyone pretty much knows how to make it, but no one really talks about it!! So I thought, why not? I even made it just now for a quick lunch. After not eating much for breakfast, I decided to whip something up really fast for my late lunch just now. I had two left over chapatis so I decided to make the default tomato curry. I had some wheat bread around so I thought, even if I was hungry after having those chapatis, I can still eat some bread with it.

What you need.

2nos - tomato cut into small pieces
1nos - Onion cut long
5tspn - cooking oil
2tspn - red chilly powder
1/2tspn - Coriander Powder
1/2tspn - cumin seeds
1tspn - mustard seeds
1/2tspn - soy sauce
1tspn - vinegar
2tspn - tomato ketchup
5tspn - Maida flour 
salt to taste

How to make it?

Heat the oil, when its done add the cumin seeds and then the mustard seeds, after the seeds are ready, add the onions and heat them till they are light brown. Add the tomato and mix it well. Add red chilly powder, salt, Coriander powder, soy sauce, vinegar and mix them in well. Add tomato ketchup and mix it well. Now it will be a very thick. Add the Maida mixed in a cup of warm water to the curry and mix. Heat it well and you are done.



You can add and remove a lot of things in this basic tomato curry to make it really awesome too. Have fun cooking :)

5 comments:

kr0y said...

No tomato curry without garlic!

Yadu Rajiv said...

Like I said..

"You can add and remove a lot of things in this basic tomato curry to make it really awesome too. Have fun cooking :)"

Yadu Rajiv said...

and for your information, there *IS* tomato curry without garlic.

kr0y said...

tomato curry without garlic = end of the world!

kr0y said...

left-over chapatis are best for egg rolls btw! ^_^